Terms & Conditions
THIS WEBSITE IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY MIMI’S ROCK, INC.
You understand that aspects of this Website and the Services may not be available in all jurisdictions and that you are responsible for ensuring that it is lawful for you to use this Website and receive the Services in your jurisdiction.
You may not interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse this Website, the Services or any system resources, services or networks connected to or accessible through this Website or the Services. You may only use this Website and the Services for lawful purposes.
1. JURISDICTION & CHILDREN
You acknowledge and agree that access to and use of this Website and the Services is provided via the internet and that your information, including personal information, may be transferred across national borders and stored or processed in any country in the world.
You agree at all times to: (i) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form or otherwise; and (ii) maintain and update your information (including your e-mail address) to keep it accurate, current and complete.
You must not choose a username that infringes the rights of any third party, impersonates any Mimi’s Rock, Inc employee, other users, celebrity or anyone with a considerable fame, which is deliberately confusing or which is offensive, racist, obscene, hurtful, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate or which breaches the username requirements specified in our Code of Conduct noted below. You agree that you will not use misspellings or alternative spellings or take any other actions for the purpose of circumventing the foregoing restrictions. You understand and agree that, in addition to the foregoing restrictions, we reserve the right to change, remove, alter or delete any username at any time and for any reason in our sole discretion. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer your right to use or access this Website or the Services via your username or password to any third person (except to your minor children if you are their parent or guardian).
YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES AND CHARGES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
You may not use the account, username, or password of anyone else at any time, unless they are your parent/guardian and you have your parent/guardian's permission to do so. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use, theft or misappropriation of your account, username, or password. We shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your username or password, either with or without your knowledge.
You cannot transfer your Account to any other person, or permit anyone, other than your children, to use same.
We hereby disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for any unauthorized use of your Account.
4. PRODUCTS AND SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
Mimi’s Rock, Inc may, from time to time, provide certain subscription-based Services through this Website on a fee basis (“ Subscription Services”). These Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase.
This Website may also allow you to purchase Products from time to time. Please note that advertisements on this Website for Products are invitations to you to make offers to purchase Products and are not offers to sell. Your properly completed and delivered order form constitutes your offer to purchase the Products referenced in your order. Your order for a Product will be deemed to be accepted only if and when we send a shipping notice email to your email address. That shipping notice email constitutes our acceptance of your order.
Some situations may result in your order for Product(s) being cancelled. These include but are not limited to: limitations on the quantities of any Products available for purchase; inaccuracies or errors in Product or pricing information; Product restrictions mandated by local, provincial, national or international regulations; and problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance group. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to limit quantities available for sale or sold, and the right at any time to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order for any reason whatsoever. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is canceled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is canceled after your credit card has been charged, we will issue a credit to the credit card you used to make the purchase in the amount of the charge.
Although we will endeavor to provide you with the most accurate information regarding the Products and Subscription Services, pricing or typographical errors may occur. In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or Product information, we reserve the right to correct or cancel an order at any time, and/or edit an order to reflect the correction, and/or correct the error on this Website.
Subject to applicable laws, we may amend this Website, the Products and Subscription Services listed on this Website, and/or the amounts that we charge for same at any time, without prior notice.
The prices displayed on this Website are quoted in Canadian and American dollars (depending on the site that is being viewed).
Fees for any Subscription Services and Products do not include any applicable sales, use, excise, value-added or other taxes or governmental charges, and you shall be responsible for, and shall promptly pay, same. Also note that the price of any Products on our Website does not include shipping and handling or any applicable sales, use, excise, value-added or other taxes or duties. You are responsible for the payment of same.
Where you elect to purchase any Products or Subscription Services, you agree to pay, through the payment mechanism selected by you and approved by us, all amounts due and owing for such Services as more particularly set out in the order confirmation provided at the time that you ordered such Services. Under no circumstances will we be responsible: (i) for any charges that your credit card issuer may apply to you as a result of our processing your order; (ii) if your card issuer refuses or fails to authorize payment by you; or (iii) for any delays or non-delivery of the item that you endeavored to purchase arising from any validation checks that may be carried out regarding your payment or identification.
Refunds are available within 30 days of purchase. Verification of original purchase may be required prior to a refund being issued. All refunds will be refunded to the original method of payment
6. PERSONAL USE ONLY
Unless we expressly consent otherwise, this Website and the Services are only for personal use (and not for commercial purposes).
7. CODE OF CONDUCT
You are solely responsible for the content of any communications by you with third parties, including any communications about, concerning or through this Website or the Services. Mimi’s Rock, Inc does not condone or allow unsolicited commercial electronic communications (i.e. spam). You agree that you will not use this Website or the Services to send unsolicited commercial or other e-mail to Mimi’s Rock, Inc or any other users.
While using this Website or the Services you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (including, but not limited to, export/import laws and laws relating to privacy, obscenity, copyright, trademark, confidential information, trade secret, libel, slander or defamation). We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to take any actions we deem necessary and appropriate to preserve the integrity of this Website and the Services. In addition, and without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- post anything that (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or (d) otherwise harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity;
- post anything that is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them, including a submission that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity;
- post anything that infringes or violates any right of a third party including: (a) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (b) rights of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person's personal information of any kind without their express permission) personality or publicity; or (c) any confidentiality obligation;
- post anything that (a) does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of this Website or the Services; (b) violates any specific restrictions applicable to this Mobile App or the Services, including age restrictions and procedures; or (c) is antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including anything that can be construed as “spamming”, “flooding”, or “trolling”, as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet.
- post anything that: (a) expresses or implies that any statements you make or actions you take are endorsed by us; (b) impersonate another person (including celebrities); (c) indicate that you are an Mimi’s Rock, Inc employee, representative of Mimi’s Rock, Inc; or (d) attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Mimi’s Rock, Inc or any of Mimi’s Rock, Inc’s partners or affiliates;
- post anything that is commercial, business-related or advertises or offers to sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicits others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);
- post anything that contains a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages the Service or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of the Service;
- download, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, modify, distribute or publicly display any of the content or information contained in this Website or the Services except as expressly authorized by us in writing;
- use tools which hack or alter this Website, the Services or that allow you to connect to this Website's or the Services' private binary interface or utilize user or other interfaces other than those provided by us to you;
- attempt to obtain a password or other private account information from any other user of this Website or the Services; or
- create multiple Accounts for the purpose of sale or transfer to others, transfer your Account to others, park your Account or those of others, or use another person's Account with Mimi’s Rock, Inc.
Do not use our Website or the Services, or lodge complaints against other users, to facilitate a personal dispute.
If you have reason to believe that another person is using the our Services in a way that is harmful to you (e.g., to impersonate or imitate you, or to stalk, bully, threaten, intimidate or otherwise harass you), we urge you to contact your local authorities, or appropriate state or federal agencies.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to delete any communications, content or other materials on this Website at any time without notice or liability to you.
While we endeavour to keep downtime to a minimum, we can't promise that this Website or the Services will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free. We reserve the right to interrupt/suspend this Website or the Services, or any part thereof, with or without prior notice for any reason and you shall not be entitled to any refunds of fees for interruption of this Website or the Services.
11. ACCESS TO THE INTERNET
You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining all internet, computer hardware and other equipment needed to access and use this Website and the Services, and you shall be solely responsible for all charges and fee related thereto.
12. CURRENCY OF WEBSITE
Mimi’s Rock, Inc updates the information on this Website and the Services periodically. Mimi’s Rock, Inc may revise, supplement or delete information, services and/or the resources contained in this site and the Services and reserves the right to make such changes without prior notification to past, current or prospective visitors.
13. LINKED MOBILE APPS
This Website or the Services may provide links to third party websites for your convenience only. The inclusion of these links does not imply that Mimi’s Rock, Inc monitors or endorses these Websites. Mimi’s Rock, Inc does not accept any responsibility for such Websites. MIMI’S ROCK, INC SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS, CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR THE RELIANCE UPON ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, GOODS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR LINKED RESOURCES.
14. INTERNET SOFTWARE OR COMPUTER VIRUSES
Due to technical difficulties with the Internet, Internet software or transmission problems could produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of information contained on this Website or the Services. Due to the ability to share certain content and materials, computer viruses or other destructive programs may also be inadvertently downloaded from this Website or the Services.
MIMI’S ROCK, INC SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY SOFTWARE, COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE, HARMFUL OR DISRUPTIVE FILES OR PROGRAMS THAT MAY INFECT OR OTHERWISE IMPACT YOUR USE OF YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING ON THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY OF USER MATERIALS OR OTHER CONTENT FROM THIS WEBSITE. Mimi’s Rock, Inc recommends that you install appropriate anti-virus or other protective software.
15. OUR MATERIALS
Mimi’s Rock, Inc may make certain communications, content, software or other materials (including, for example, all files, text, URLs, video, audio and images contained in or generated by such materials, and accompanying data) (collectively, the "MRI Materials") available to you from this Website or the Services, from time to time. If you download or use Materials, you agree that such materials: (i) may only be used for your personal and non-commercial use; (ii) may not be modified, used to create a derivative work, incorporated into any other work or otherwise exploited without Mimi’s Rock, Inc’s prior written permission; and (iii) shall only be used in compliance with any additional license terms accompanying such materials. Mimi’s Rock, Inc does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the MRI Materials to you, and retains full and complete title to the MRI Materials as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You agree not to sell, share, redistribute, or reproduce the MRI Materials. You further agree not to decompile, reverse-engineer, or disassemble any MRI Materials. Mimi’s Rock, Inc or its licensors own all related trademarks and logos, and you agree not to copy or use them in any manner.
This Website (including its organization and presentation and MRI Materials) is the property of Mimi’s Rock and its licensors and may be protected by intellectual property laws including laws relating to copyrights, trade-marks, trade-names, internet domain names and other similar rights.
16. WEBSITE, SERVICES AND MATERIALS PROVIDED “AS IS”
THIS WEBSITE, THE PRODUCTS, THE SERVICES AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE (COLLECTIVELY, " MATERIALS") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "WHERE IS", AND "WITH ALL FAULTS", WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MIMI’S ROCK, INC DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE, THE SERVICES OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, THE PRODUCTS, THE SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
19. TERM & TERMINATION
We reserve the right to suspend your Account and/or your access to this Website and/or the Services immediately, with or without notice to you, and without liability to you, if Mimi’s Rock, in its sole discretion, believes that:
- any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete;
- you, or any other parties, are obtaining unauthorized access to our Website, or any other systems or information of Mimi’s Rock, Inc
These suspensions will be for such periods of time as Mimi’s Rock, Inc may reasonably determine is necessary to permit the thorough investigation of such suspended activity.
22. YOUR COMMENTS
Feel free to email your comments, suggestions and feedback (" Comments") to Mimi’s Rock at the e-mail addresses provided in this Website or the Services. However, the Internet is not a fully secure medium and any communication may be lost, intercepted or altered. Mimi’s Rock is not liable for any damages related to communications to or from this Website or the Services.
You agree with respect to any Comments provided by you to us, via e-mail or otherwise, that: (i) Mimi’s Rock has no obligation concerning such Comments; (ii) such Comments are non-confidential; (iii) Mimi’s Rock may use, disclose, distribute or copy such Comments and may use any ideas, concepts or know-how contained in such Comments for any purpose and without restriction or obligation to you; and (iv) such Comments are truthful and do not violate the legal rights of others.
23. PROTECTION OF MINORS
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as may be amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at www.commonsensemedia.org or by searching “parental control protections.” Note that we do not endorse, support or approve any of the products or services listed at such sites.
24. EXPORT CONTROL AND JURISDICTION
This Website, the Services and the MRI Materials are subject to Canadian and United States export controls. No MRI Materials or any other materials may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (i) into any country to which Canada or the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using any materials, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
This Website and the Services are solely directed to individuals residing in Canada and the United States. We make no representation that materials in this Website or the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of this Website and/or the provision of any of the Services, materials, or other products described or offered thereon to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we so desire, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such Services, materials, or other product provided.
25. CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT IN THE UNITED STATES
If you are an intellectual property owner or an agent thereof and believe that either (1) any User Materials on the Website or Service or (2) any material or activity contained on an online location to which Mimi’s Rock has referred or linked users, infringes upon your intellectual property rights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) and 512(d) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the Site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (or in the case of referrals or links that are claimed to lead to infringing material or activity, identification of the reference or link that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that reference or link);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notification pursuant to the DMCA should be submitted to:
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Emails or notices sent to Mimi’s Rock without a proper subject line, or for purposes other than communication about intellectual property claims, may not be acknowledged or responded to.
26. CLASS ACTION WAIVER
ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION. YOUR ACCESS AND CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE SIGNIFIES YOUR EXPLICIT CONSENT TO THIS WAIVER.
27. ADVERTISEMENT RELEASE
Mimi’s Rock takes no responsibility for advertisements or any third-party material posted on or transmitted through the Website or Service, nor does it take any responsibility for the products or services provided by other service providers with content on the Website or Service (“Advertisers”). Any dealings you have with Advertisers found while using the Service are between you and the Advertiser, and you agree that Mimi’s Rock is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against an Advertiser.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISK AND YOU AGREE TO RELEASE MIMI’S ROCK FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, NOW AND IN THE FUTURE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND YOUR TRANSACTIONS WITH ADVERTISERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. YOU FURTHER WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS AND BENEFITS OTHERWISE CONFERRED BY ANY STATUTORY OR NON-STATUTORY LAW OF ANY JURISDICTION THAT WOULD PURPORT TO LIMIT THE SCOPE OF A RELEASE OR WAIVER. YOU WAIVE AND RELINQUISH ALL RIGHTS AND BENEFITS WHICH YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA OR ANY SIMILAR PROVISION OF THE STATUTORY OR NON-STATUTORY LAW OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE STATES OF MISSOURI, DELAWARE AND PENNSYLVANIA) TO THE FULL EXTENT THAT YOU MAY LAWFULLY WAIVE ALL SUCH RIGHTS AND BENEFITS.
28. MISCELLANEOUS /ARBITRATION